1. Swipe two fingers across your iPad keyboard, it divides the keyboard for easy thumb-typing mode, much like a standard texting keyboard. You can also get to this mode by dragging the ‘hide keyboard’ button in the lower right corner up. Your wrists will thank us later.
2. Switch on Airplane mode while it’s charging, it will charge twice as fast.
3. Sync your iPhone/iPad with your bluetooth keyboard while you’re on the computer at work or home for quick texting or email responses.
4. Use the built-in level gauge found in your compass app to hang things. To get there, simply swipe left on the compass app that comes standard.
5. Invert your colors for nighttime use that’s easier on your eyes. Also a good option for the movie theater in case your phone goes off! Go to Settings> Accessibility > Invert Colors. Any photos or screenshots you take in invert mode will be normally colored.
6. Embarrassing text or message pop up while you’re showing something on your phone or iPad? Simply swipe right to left to get rid of it.
7. Make autocorrect work for you! Type an extra letter when typing a contraction. Finally some revenge against Autocorrect!
8. Double tap the spacebar to automatically enter a period and two spaces for the end of a sentence.
9. Have Siri set your alarms for you. Too tired to do all that work? Tell Siri, ‘Wake me up (in an hour, three hours, at 7am) etc.’ and she’ll do it for you. You can only have Siri set an alarm one day in advance. So don’t try to assign alarms for a week from now.
10. When adding a number or punctuation in a sentence, hold down the numeric keyboard option, then slide over the number or symbol you want. When you release your finger, you will be back at the regular keyboard.
There’s so many things to know when it comes to owning an iDevice. When used properly, they really can make our lives much easier. Do you have any other tricks that are worth knowing? Leave them in the comments below. Thanks Buzzfeed for some of the images. Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel, where we teach people how to better use their Apple products.